Friday, April 20, 2007



I have never been a party-girl . . .

.
Not even in my youth, was I the one that got the first invitations. Just because . . . I went to some of those famous “home alone parties”, but felt a kind of an outsider. I simply didn’t like it.
After the parties that time, as still today, they tell me the same . . .
Kirsten, you should have been there, it was sooooo much fun. I can’t remember last time I was so drunk. I was so drunk, I don’t remember anything.
You see . . . That’s it !! How do they know it was funny, when they don’t remember anything??
To me, it appeared then as much as today . . .
~ It is about to drink more than last time
~ it is about to have sex with as many as possible and preferable do something new you have not done before
~ it is about to surpass your fear of trying new things, drugs, pills, way of sex-games or whatever else
And at the end . . . you are so drunk and drugged and messed up, you don’t remember (or don't want to remember) anything of the party, how you came home (if you did) who you slept with (in the case you got pregnant) and . . . and . . . and
Some days later the photos are developed to refresh your memory of how funny the party was . . .





























It was funny . . . wasn't it???

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love to party but honestly - I have never been in as bad of shape as these people. Somehow, I have always kept my head about me to some extent. It is bewildering and dangerous just how much the younger people are indulging in all at once these days.

When I was young, six beers or drinks was as much as anyone wanted or needed. You got drunk enough to have "fun" but not so drunk you got sick or couldn't remember what you did. And few if any hangovers.

Now the kids pre-drink before the party then have beers and martinis and a few shooters at the party and wonder why they can't remember the party.

Lexcen said...

The rights of passage for youth. I thought we'd all been there and done that. I'm not proud of it but at least I grew up and put it behind me.

Lee Ann said...

Oh wow....you are definitely right!
No fun in going to a party and either not remembering or getting sick and not wanting to remember!
No thank you.
Have a good weekend Kirsten.

KB said...

Man. Those are really yucky photos - and really show how much fun getting 'out of it' can be.....NOT!!

tkkerouac said...

Now that is over indulging. Even sadder if you are still like that at in middle age!!!

Anonymous said...

The thought of losing that much control is very scary.