Saturday, March 10, 2007

The feeling of being connected . . .
.



People have told me, " Don't take the internet seriously. They have told me, "Those people aren't REAL. They have told me a lot about the internet.
I have heard story after story of heartache.I have witnessed pain, sorrow and intense love.



I have seen peoples hearts printed out for the world to see, in hopes it will touch someone.
One of the most important things I have seen though, I'm not sure I could put into words.


It's a CONNECTION.

It's hard to imagine unless you've been there. When people get together, over the miles... state to state andcountry to country, and they connect.

REALLY CONNECT!!

It is amazing. Absolutely amazing.


I'm not talking about the "man to woman"connection. I'm talking about the "friend to friend." I'm talking about some people you have "met", that instantly you KNEW were going to be important in your life.
The ones you laugh with, kid with, cry with, hurt for when they are hurting.


They make you worry. They make you crazy! The ones who touch you deep inside when they are not there anymore, and make you wish they were.


If you have ever experienced that type of connection with someone you have never met... face to face... you have indeed been blessed.

I know, without a doubt, that I have!

8 comments:

none said...

Me to Kirsten. I think I have more realistic friendships here than in person.

The Phosgene Kid said...

The internet has made you my next-door neighbor. The world has become a much smaller place and I think that is a good thing.

Anonymous said...

So, how can I help with the book?

Ping me at mfsteve@yahoo.com

If I can help I will.

concerned citizen said...

kirsten I really appreciate my blogger friends. It is wonderful to be able to talk to people all over the world. I have met some very nice people this way, including you of course!

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Thanks to all of you. It feel grate to have friends all over the world, not matter the distance...

KATHBEE said...

I agree with you Kirsten. I look forward to reading the blogs I read. I definitely feel connected to all those people. I think it's almost BETTER having never met them...there's something truly nice about it and genuine. Blogging has changed my way of thinking about the world, the internet and life. It has helped to restore my faith in humankind and focus on all the GOOD things in the world.
This was a lovely post :)

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Maricopa mark: Have you got my e-mail?

Princess Saphire said...

In blogging, there are some I can connect to, some I'll be contented to just doing some past time reading.

But I know there is one whom I could not really comprehen why I will even have the idea that it is my fate to bump in to her blog.