Wednesday, September 13, 2006


Forgive me if I whine . . .
Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair
I looked at her and sighed and wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave, I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and used a crutch But as she passed, she passed a smile.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine
I have 2 legs, the world is mine.
I stopped to buy some candy The lad who sold it had such charm
I talked with him a while, he seemed so very glad If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me, "I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you. You see," he said, "I'm blind."
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.
Later while walking down the street, I saw a child with eyes of blue
He stood and watched the others play He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said, "Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word. And then I knew, he couldn't hear.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I can hear, the world is mine.
With feet to take me where I'd go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
With ears to hear what I would know.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I've been blessed indeed, The world is mine.

4 comments:

thad lucken said...

to whine is human, to actually get up and DO SOMETHING is divine.
I like the nice lady from Egypt.

Kirsten N. Namskau said...

Thank you..

Richmond said...

True, so true...

Anonymous said...

After tonight, this was lovely! I must pay attention.